Popular Posts

Friday, February 12, 2010

Trash the dress....Really?

I have to admit, when I first heard of this my first thought was "Really?"! Then I looked into it a bit more and I thought "Wow...that is pretty cool!" It was hard to get past the concept of actually trashing a dress though! I then started seeing people refer to this as "Cherish The Dress", "Romance The Dress" or "Encore Photography" and each of these terms made it seem a little bit more classy...more artistic. I think when you come up with a new concept, you really need to choose your words carefully! I don't see these photographic opportunities as destroying a dress (although wait till you see some photos!). My view on it is...this is a great way to get some amazing photographs - photos you would not necessarily get on your wedding day...photos you really will cherish and love. You have spent at least 10% of your wedding budget on your dress (maybe more) so you should get as much use out of this dress as possible! I have seen some crazy images and I have seen some truly beautiful photos. Doing this type of session can be anything you want...the beach, the mountains, the snow, a field of wild flowers...the possibilities are endless!

So, let's start with the "OMG! IS THAT REAL?" photo. This is pretty wild, to say the least. I think it's safe to assume that your dress will most likely never be the same again after doing something like this! ***And I better insert this warning, just to be on the safe side*** Please do not attempt to do this!

So. Ouch. This photo is very eye catching. To some, it might embody what trashing a dress means. It was taken by a photographer who is very well known for his "Trash the Dress" photo shoots. He is a pretty amazing photographer - so very creative! You should check out his work here: John Michael Cooper/ altf.com. He is based in Las Vegas, NV. Here is a link to his blog as well!

This photo was taken in...where else? Hawaii. Beautiful. If you are having a get-a-way wedding and heading out to Hawaii - imagine doing an Encore photoshoot before your honeymoon ends? Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places to take pictures so you have so many options. On Maui there is a stunning Lavender farm, also you can find a beautiful winery on Maui...you have plenty of choices - not just the beach but heck they also have the most amazing beaches! To see more work from Choco Studio go here!

Speaking of beaches - right? WOW. This picture was just amazing! The ocean, the dress...the sky. All of it was stunning to me! This photo was shot at Majestic Colonial Resort, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. I need to vacation there after seeing this! There were more amazing pics from this photo shoot. Check them out here!


 
  
I saved my favorites for last. I LOVE THESE PICTURES! They were taken in the New Forest - which is located in England (sniff sniff...so far away!). Everything about this photo shoot I loved. In fact, I am a total fan of the photographer: Murakami. I have looked at several bridal parties they have photographed - and seriously I am having major envy issue! The photo opportunities in England are just all stunning and beautiful. I would - in a heartbeat - schedule a photo shoot in the New Forest if I could. It also doesn't hurt that I am in love with this dress. I wanted to include it in my Think Pink blog post - but it was over my price criteria. It is the Victoriana by Maggie Sottero. Just a stunning gown. She would be mine if I was getting married today! But, back to the photography! Check out Murakami - if even just for some ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment